This series of five workshops is based on the theme of the Chakras and will be part of the teacher training program at It's All Yoga. Also open to others who wish to just take just this series. Drop-ins welcome to individual sessions. REGISTER ONLINE
Saturday, September 17th, 1-4 pm
Saturday, October 15th, 1-4 pm
Sunday, January 22nd, 12-3pm - Please note change of time from 11-2pm
Sunday, March 19th, 12-3PM - Please note change of time from 11-2pm
Saturday, May 20th, 1-4 pm
Drop in to single workshops for $85 each, subject to space available. No online reading and practice material for drop-in registrations. Entire series: $329 early bird; $349 after August 31st.
This course will use the chakra language to open up our asana and breath practice to the poetic and the profound. Moving into the interior and energetic body allows us to befriend all aspects of our being. By letting go of a more external muscle-driven practice, the chakras can reveal where in our lives we are truly called to explore, to heal, to balance.
By beginning in the base chakra and working with the first 3 chakras, this program will emphasize grounding, connecting and sustaining. Often the lower chakras are dismissed in our heavenly aspirations for ascent, at great cost to our individual and global sense of well being and sustained creativity.
Format of program:
- In our opening September session, we will Over-view and Inner-View the entire chakra system and encourage a non dogmatic approach to seeing ourselves through these holistic mirrors and lenses.
- The October session will lay the foundation for personal exploration and establishing a powerful root system through muladhara the first chakra, through the dark time of the year - Grounding into Groundlessness.
- Our January session will explore water, hara and the 2nd chakra, Opening to Flow.
- As we move into the spring, in March, we will explore Seed and Soil, the intriguing relationship between 1st and 2nd chakras and the emergence of the individual spirit from the cultural morass.
- In our final session in May, our exploration of the 3rd Chakra – Sustaining the Flame – will bring us into the warmth of summertime and the going forth from the program, taking our interior journey to the world of community, family, work, teaching and beyond…wherever we are called!
- Each session will have a long practice session and some discussion time around how we bring this work into the every day. There will be a full gamut of support material on a web page that we will share – this will include articles, podcasts, links to meditation talks, images and poetry that connect to the theme of each of the 5 parts to the program. There will be space for all of us to share our own reflections, questions and findings and in this way create a powerful and supportive sangha for our own chakra journey.
Each class includes:
- all-levels asana practice
- practical and mystical insights on the chakras
- group discussion about every-day application of theories
- support material including articles, podcasts, meditations and poetry (available for series only, not for drop-ins)
Mary Paffard has been studying and teaching yoga since the early 70s and considers herself an eternal student in this magical yogic path. She has taught locally, nationally and internationally and shared her online and teachers programs since 1995. More info about these and her work in Cuba can be found at www.maryyoga.com.
Refunds requested within five days prior to the workshop are given as studio credit. We do not prorate series classes. With online registration you are reserving one spot in the workshop. To reserve for additional students, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-837-5400.