This workshop will explore the mudra (sacred gesture) of Namaste in a variety of poses and use the imagery of the hand to create a heart-centred, balanced practice. Suitable for a wide variety of practitioners.
- explore a variety of ways to open the hands, fingers and palms
- use hasta bandha as a way of mitigating stress on the wrists in hand supported poses and also channeling the energy from the earth up through the bones
- trace the connections between fingers and shoulders and enhance the support and lightness of the upper body
- use hand mudras and body mudras to bring calm, clarity and direction
- see how the movement of hand, arm and shoulder impact the feeling tone and of the pose and gesture of the body.
10.45am - 1.15pm A full active practice exploring inverted poses and those that bring weight to the hands.
2-4pm Short discussion on gesture and mudra in asana followed by a gentle restorative based practice to relax the body and being from the hands inwards!
For registration or more information, contact Jennifer Sadugor at The Yoga Solution.