A special retreat at Summer Solstice to get away, relax and rejuvenate among the redwoods by the pool and in the yoga room! This retreat includes 25 hours of deep yoga asana, meditation, breathwork and reflection with Mary. Cyd Bernstein will create simple and delicious Ayurvedically-oriented meals and will share her recipes and insights into summer care from her Ayurvedic studies with Dr. Lad, and from a herbal perspective.
This retreat is suitable for a wide range of student and teacher. Hours can be used for Yoga Alliance Teachers Further Education requirements and for Mary’s and Cyd’s teacher training elective hours.
Accommodations and Pricing
Located five minutes from downtown Ukiah, home and accommodations can be previewed here. All house rooms and studio are shared spaces. If you need single accommodations, check local Ukiah lodging options, there are also several Airbnd listings in the area.
- Camping/Non-Resident (ample space for onsite camping on beautiful 40 acres)
700.00 until 5/1, 750.00 thereafter
- Quadruple Occupancy in Studio, bathroom a short walk to main house
800.00 until 5/1, 850.00 thereafter
- Double Occupancy in Main House
850.00 until 5/1, 900.00 thereafter
Terms and Conditions
Fee due at registration. Cancellations prior to 5/1/16 will be charged a 100.00 administrative fee. You may transfer your registration to someone for a 50.00 administrative fee until 6/1/16. No cancellations after 6/1/16.
Register online (be prepared to complete short registration form) or by mail. If by mail, please answer the following questions and mail with your check for full payment to MPaffard, POB 225 Yorkville CA 95494:
Gender (only needed for room sharing)
- Do you have someone you wish to share a room with?
- Any food allergies? Food will be mainly vegan with dairy option. There will be space in a fridge if you need to bring supplements for your diet.
- Do you drink coffee? Say now or keep your peace!
- Arrival time. NO ARRIVALS before 5pm on Sunday June 19th!
- If non-local, would you like to be put in touch with potential carpool?
- Are you able to bring your own props (mat, 2 blankets, strap, blocks)?
- swim suit
- extra towel for pool
- flash light
- yoga props – mat, 2 blankets, strap and blocks. If you do not have props, please indicate on registration form!
5pm Arrival Tea/Jump in pool - be aware our rooms may still be being prepared
Opening Circle after dinner; guidelines around silent AMs!
9pm Metta Meditation
7-8am Pranayama and Meditation
10-12.30 Active Asana
1pm Lunch followed by rest time at pool, in redwoods, or going to Vichy/Orr hot springs if you so wish
5pm Quiet Yoga and Meditation. We may have some discussion about self care and recipes prior to this class if interest exists
6.45pm Light Dinner (our main meal will be lunch)
8-9pm Free time. On Monday and Wednesday we may have a discussion time for practitioners and teachers and if interest exists, time for Mandalas
9-9.15 Meditation. Silence after 9.15pm until lunch the next day. There will be instructions in class and inevitable domestic verbiage only where necessary.
Same as Mon-Wed until 1pm lunch, clear-up and Closing Circle. Depart 3-3.30pm